If you or someone you love is facing disastrous penalties or time in prison, you need to have the very best criminal defense attorney fighting for your rights. No one criminal case is exactly like another, criminal defense attorneys are trained to pick out the special portions of each case that make them unique. In addition, the best criminal defense lawyer for you will be able to see certain arguments and factors that could mitigate or even negate any potential crime. Having an attorney to represent you in a criminal trial is absolutely necessary.
A skilled criminal defense attorney has many jobs. Not only will he be calling witnesses in your defense and then cross-examining witnesses that the prosecution puts forward, your criminal defense attorney may also:
- Work with the prosecutor to negotiate a plea bargain that often reduces the potential sentence or eliminate some or all of the charges brought against you.
- Resolve a good sentencing program for your unique situation.
- Know important legal rules and regulations that are often buried within laws. For example, a search of your car if you are pulled over may or may not be lawful considering the 4th Amendment to the United States Constitution.
- Gather evidence and statements from witnesses that may be called by the prosecution.
- Hire investigators that will dissect the alleged crime and witnesses that the prosecution is going to call to the stand. Often there is evidence found that can make the witness’s testimony less believable that will only help your case.
- Hire expert witnesses that will present evidence that will show your innocence or rebut evidence that the prosecution presents.
- Understand and make sense of the subtleties, ebbs and flows of a criminal trial that can make the difference between winning and losing your case.
The Bottom Line: Remember, with the best attorney handling your case, you could find yourself reaching a dismissal, reasonable settlement, reduced plea bargain or even a win. An arrest can thoroughly devastate a person’s life. The experience can be emotionally and physically draining due to the extraordinary stress that accompanies it. If convicted, the consequences can adversely affect finances, relationships, and even careers. If you or someone you know is facing that situation, it is imperative that you call me as soon as possible. 513.260.2099